Friday, September 25, 2009

Computer Virus

"Mommy why did we have to get a new computer?"
"Because someone sent us a virus"
"What is a virus?"
"It is something people can send you that makes your computer sick and broken"
"Why would some boy or girl want to do that?"
"I do not know sis"
"They must be really mean"

If something random pops up on our computer screen and you are not 100% sure what it is- DO NOT CLICK ON IT!!! This thing looked really official "from Windows Defender" and I totally fell for it- then this thing pops up saying I have spyware detected and to click here to remove it- so I clicked again and it was all downhill from there- it was a virus telling me I had a virus or something like that. Finally my computer just kept restarting and restarting and luckily I paid geek squad $150 to retrieve all my pictures (4 dvds full) but I was freaking out for a while so please BACK UP your stuff! And of course all this happened while I was trying to make Makenzie's birthday invitations and print nametags for our wed night bible study- but everything worked out just fine and I am loving our new computer and wireless printer!!! But the whole ordeal was very annoying so friends beware!

sigc

No comments: